Which forms of prevention can help realise significant health benefits? Based on the latest scientific knowledge, how effective, efficient and safe are the various forms of prevention?
Health Council publications within this area of activity focus on screening, vaccination, preventing the disease burden due to psychological disorders, and so forth.
Continual activities within this focus area include:
- identifying developments in the population screening
- assessing permit applications for population screening
- advising on the National Vaccination Programme
- assessing guidelines for combating infectious diseases
- identifying developments in blood supply and the safety of blood.