Committee on Electromagnetic Fields (EMV)
The effects of electromagnetic fields and radiation on health have become a subject of keen interest primarily as a result of the rise of mobile phones and other wireless telecommunication devices. Other applications, such as high-voltage power lines, electrical equipment and all kinds of automatic access and control systems, also prompt questions from time to time. The task of the Committee on Electromagnetic Fields is to closely follow scientific developments, periodically report on these developments and reply to requests for advice. In the context, the Council cooperates closely with the Electromagnetic Fields Knowledge Platform.
This activity is a permanent part of the Environmental health focus area.
- Prof. G.C. van Rhoon, Professor of Physical Aspects of Electromagnetic Fields and Health, Erasmus University Medical Centre Rotterdam, chairman
- Prof. A. Aleman, Professor of Cognitive Neuropsychiatry, Groningen University
- Prof. H. Kromhout, Professor of Occupational Hygiene and Exposure Classification, Institute for Risk Assessment Sciences, Utrecht University
- Prof. F.E. van Leeuwen, Professor of Cancer Epidemiology, VU University Amsterdam, and Netherlands Cancer Institute, Amsterdam
- Prof. H.F.J. Savelkoul, Professor of Cell Biology and Immunology, Wageningen University
- Prof. W.J. Wadman, Professor of Neurobiology, University of Amsterdam
- D.H.J. van de Weerdt, MD, Toxicologist and Medical Environmental Scientist, Aid Services Gelderland Midden / GGD, Arnhem
- Prof. A.P.M. Zwamborn, Professor of Electromagnetic Fields and Health, Eindhoven University of Technology, and TNO, The Hague
- Dr. G. Kelfkens, Physicist, National Institute for Public Health and the Environment, Bilthoven, advisor
- R.M. van der Graaf, Excutive Director, Knowledge Platform Electromagnetic fields, Bilthoven, observer
- Prof. E. Lebret, Professor of Environmental Health Impact Assessment, Institute for Risk Assessment Sciences, Utrecht University, and Chairman Science forum, Knowledge Platform Electromagnetic Fields, Bilthoven, observer
- J. Robijns, Ministry of Economic Affairs, Agriculture and Innovation, Groningen, observer
- Dr. E. van Rongen, Radiobiologist, Health Council, The Hague, scientific secretay